EN 2205 English Language Teaching Methodology II
Higher National Diploma in English Syllabus 2nd Year 2nd Semester
Handling learner errors (15/08hrs)
- Which errors to correct? Difference between errors and mistakes, global errors which cause misunderstanding) and local errors (relate only to a part of what is said)
- How to find a balance between correction and encouragement
- How to respond to errors during different activities
Language teaching techniques: Teaching a lesson (15/07 hrs)
- Techniques which could be used in different stages of the lesson: introduction, presentation,practice, application, evaluation
Handling primary text books-Let’s Learn English (10/05 hrs)
- Overview of the package-theme, vocabulary, structure.
- Examine content of the text books, grade 3-5, the content of workbooks, suggested teaching, procedure and assessment procedure
Micro-teaching: primary material (20/10hrs)
Select the sections to be taught, prepare lesson plan, teach to a small group, critique of the lesson, re-teaching
Secondary material (10/05 hrs)
- Overview of the package: syllabuses, text books, workbooks, examine rationale, underlying principles
- Examine content and suggested teaching procedure in the Teacher’s Guides.
- Writing lesson plans to handle dialogues, different reading texts, writing, grammar, listening and speaking.
Micro-teaching: secondary materials (20/10hrs)
Follow the same procedure as for the primary teaching